Welcome to Hancock Park | Larchmont
Historic homes, tree-lined streets, and a central location
These sister neighborhoods offer residents a quaint and charming retreat from the more bustling aspects of Los Angeles living. Both are known for the historic homes that have lined their streets since the 1920’s and 1930’s.
Architecture in both neighborhoods features 1920’s styles like Italian Revival, Spanish, and Tudor. Hancock Park, favored by celebrities, has larger single-family homes, some apartment buildings and condos. Larchmont has a mix of single-family homes, low-rise apartment buildings, duplexes, and bungalows.
What to Love
- Suburban feel in an urban center
- Tree-lined streets and historic architecture
- Close proximity to iconic Los Angeles landmarks like Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Downtown Los Angeles, and more
A slice of the suburbs in the heart of LA
The Hancock Park-Larchmont area is a welcome retreat from the fast-paced lifestyle found elsewhere in the city. It is perfect for households looking for a quiet community to put down roots. Both neighborhoods are also quite diverse, and Hancock Park is home to a thriving community. Don’t expect never-ending nightlife, but do expect a close-knit and peaceful place to call home.
From oil fields to grand estates.
Like much of Los Angeles, both Hancock Park and Larchmont were developed in the 1920s. Leading the efforts was the man who gave Hancock Park its name — G. Allan Hancock. Hancock’s family amassed their wealth from the local oil industry and Hancock decided to create a community that was both glamorous and laid-back. Over the years, Hancock Park-Larchmont has remained an attractive and affluent area.
Family-owned and always fresh
- Cafe Gratitude — Trendy plant-based cafe that serves healthy, gourmet dishes.
- Larchmont Village Wine, Spirits & Cheese — A family-owned market that sells artisanal ingredients, imported wines, and gourmet deli foods, including sandwiches.
- Le Petit Greek — Family-run Greek restaurant that sells authentic dishes in a casual, laid-back venue with plenty of sidewalk seating.
- Go Get ‘Em Tiger — Coffee shop and bakery that also has a coffee subscription service
- Vernetti — Authentic Italian restaurant with a sidewalk patio
Small boutiques and local favorites
- Larchmont Village — The commercial heart of Larchmont, this area is lined with shops and restaurants to explore.
- Buck Mason — Classic and sophisticated men's apparel boutique.
- Flicka — Charming children’s clothing boutique.
- Silk Trading Company — Textile shop offering luxurious fabrics.
Sophisticated, themed cocktail bars dominate the nightlife scene
- The Edmon — Stylish 1920s themed bar with a great cocktail selection
- Pour Vous — Refined, Parisian-style that evokes the spirit of Old Hollywood
- La Descarga — Cuban-themed speakeasy that transports you to the 1940s with burlesque and salsa performances and an upscale dress code
Things to Do
Entertainment from morning ‘til midnight
- Larchmont Charter School
- Hancock Park Elementary School
- John Burroughs Middle School
- Marlborough School
Search All Homes